MSC understands the financial and emotional stress caused by cargo loss or damage. We designed our Extended Protection solution to provide you with the widest possible coverage for maritime and inland transportation.
Our dedicated North American and Bahamian cargo protection solution includes tailor-made rates and no hidden costs. MSC Extended Protection applies from warehouse-to-warehouse and anything in- between, and has limited restrictions in terms of the nature of the cargo or geographical considerations.
In case of damage to your cargo, MSC Extended Protection will provide a speedy, efficient, and simplified claims procedure supported by an MSC dedicated claims team.
Cargo transportation does not come without risks. If the worst happens, make sure you are fully covered with MSC Extended Protection.
We are always on your side. At MSC, we believe that providing customers with peace of mind is a vital part of our job. That is why we apply a personalised one-stop-shop approach to MSC Extended Protection.
MSC Extended Protection is available for both spot shipments and volume contracts to and from the USA, Canada and The Bahamas. We tailor our quotations according to your needs, cargo, and chosen mode of transportation without hidden costs.
From competitive tariffs to handling any eventual claim, you can rely on our local offices to make the process as quick and simple as possible.
MSC Extended Protection supports a broad range of transportation solutions to and from North America, including warehouse-to-warehouse port-to-port, door-to-port, and anything in-between.
MSC Extended Protection is available for reefers and dry containers with a high value limit.
Beginning with your initial MSC Extended Protection quotation, we aim to minimise your time commitment. The tariff charged for MSC Extended Protection is easily calculated, based on your cargo value and specificities without hidden costs. The applicable tariff will be manifested on your freight invoice.
Did you know?
MSC Extended Protection is available for any shipment to or from the USA, Canada and The Bahamas.
MSC Extended Protection covers a wide range of cargoes and offers a supplemental layer of protection for your cargo for accidental damage, loss or theft during its journey with us.
Loss or damage to cargo due to:
● Stranding, grounding, sinking, collision
● Heavy weather events
● Acts of God/natural events
● Wetting damage (hole in container roof allowing water infiltration)
● Stevedore mishandling
● Thefts & pilferage
● Costs for sue and labour caused by the above
● Reefers’ temperature variation (from 12 consecutive hours)
Loss or damage to cargo due to:
● Geopolitical events (sanctioned countries; persons or goods; seizures or arrests; riots; strikes; warlike operations; terrorism; weapons; cyber-risks, and similar events)
● Insufficient or improper packaging
● Loss or damage attributable to the willful misconduct of the shipper, consignee, or other merchant
● Ordinary leakage, loss in weight, wear, and tear
● Inherent defect, quality, or vice
● Temperature or atmospheric pressure changes
At MSC, we aim to minimise the impact of the claim process by offering a straightforward procedure with:
● Fewer documents needed to submit a claim
● Simplified, efficient, and easy processing
● Local point of contact
The handling of your cargo claims will be taken care of by MSC directly through a fast-track procedure relying on three main elements:
● Easy processing
● The support of a dedicated Claims team
● Survey by a surveyor appointed by MSC
We aim to conclude all Extended Protection claims within a 30-day average period, running from completed submission of your file.