At MSC we understand the importance of preserving the condition of your refrigerated cargo from the moment we receive your container to the moment it reaches your door.
Owing to the current trend of globalisation and the growing reefer market, we have developed a strong service offering and built one of the largest reefer container fleets in the world.
Why choose MSC as your reefer cargo provider?
- Outstanding global coverage – connecting all of the world’s trade centres
- 1,000 reefer experts – multidisciplinary reefer expert teams to ensure smooth and steady operations
- Weekly & regular shipping services to global destinations
- Regular and frequent monitoring of the shipment – from the receip of the loaded container to final destination
- Global partner but local teams – with a strong experience in transporting all kinds of perishable cargo
- Tailor-made end-to-end transport solutions – across road, rail and sea
- World leading reefer fleet – we have grown our reefer fleet to be one of the most advanced in the world
- Pre-trip inspection (PTI) checks – a thorough PTI ensure the very best service and equipment to fulfil your requirements
Our reefer experts
We have improved our reefer container fleet but more importantly, we have ensured we train and develop teams of reefer experts in our agencies around the world. At MSC, we understand the importance of preserving the condition of our customers’ cargo from the moment it is loaded until the moment it reaches its delivery point. Over the years, we have built a strong experience and expertise in transporting chilled and frozen goods – commodities including fresh produce such as fruit and vegetables, meat, fish, poultry, dairy products and pharmaceuticals.
Our 1,000 reefer experts will support you through each step of the preparation of your refrigerated shipment.
End-to-end reefer shipping services
In 2016, MSC transported over 1.25 million TEU of reefer cargo. MSC’s services go far beyond the port. We offer inland transport by road, rail and barge. By using our complete intermodal network, our customers can rely on a real door-to-door service.
As of December 2016, MSC has a logistics presence over 48 countries and manages over five million collections and deliveries annually. MSC’s subsidiary Medlog has invested in trucks, warehouses, and depots and manages its operation with a team of 5,000 people. Combined with our investment in ports and terminals – MSC has become a true logistics provider.
Our pre-trip inspections
One of the principal aims of our reefer teams is to provide our customers with the very best service and equipment to fulfil their requirements. We carry out a thorough ‘pre-trip’ inspection (PTI) of each reefer container before it is released to a customer. This inspection include:
- Cleaning to eliminate dirt and odours
- Checks to ensure the inside of the container is up to food-grade specification
- Checks to ensure machinery is functioning to industry standard
- Making sure the container temperature is lowered to the correct point selected
Once the checks have been completed, the date, time and the name of the person who completed the inspection is documented on a label attached to the container. This means you will always receive clean, undamaged, safe containers and temperature-maintaining machinery, all in perfect condition.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Whatever you’re shipping and wherever your destination, MSC will handle it for you – properly.
Get in contact with a member of our dedicated reefer team, who will be able to assist with all reefer enquiries and bookings.