Import / Export
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
Are you looking forward to an international career within MSC? As well as an extensive range of tasks where efficiency and maximization are key? And you are willing to relocate for your job? Then you are our ideal Marine Planner.
As a Marine Planner you are responsible for the optimization of port productivity, berths, network capacity, ship/port operations. In doing so, you always take into account the (international) safety and IMO regulations, the integrity of the sailing schedule and the bunker consumption & at the same time you reduce the costs to a minimum - you can do it all!
But what does this mean in concrete terms? Specifically, you will plan and optimize the loading, taking into account the limitations of the vessels and ports. In addition, you manage the performance of the ship, the specific cargo requirements of breakbulk and special cargo & the COD/Restow requests. Facts and figures are your thing: you manage and coordinate the booking figures, constantly carry out cost analysis, follow up cost allocation and data reporting, follow up the final reporting to the VSA department, etc. Throughout all these tasks you keep all parties involved informed - communication is key! Thus, you develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Captains, Chief Officers, Port Planning Dept., Liners, Port Captains and Agents & escalate problems in a timely manner.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Marine planner or have a nautical education and are fascinated by the logistics industry!
- You are willing to begin you career within MSC in Belgium or the UK and relocate within a considerable amount of time to our international headquarters in Geneva.
- You ideally have an advanced knowledge of ship handling and stability calculations.
- You function perfectly in an environment where no two days are the same: you remain calm and resilient - you get the job done.
- You are ambitious and think internationally.
- You are analytical, accurate and numerical.
- You are IT-minded and have knowledge of TSB planning package, Microsoft Office applications and PowerBI.
- You are communicative and have no problem building solid customer relationships.
- You are proactive and think in terms of solutions.
- You get extra drive from sharp deadlines.
- You are a pro at setting priorities and can anticipate any situation.
- You are willing to work flexible hours.
- You speak and write English fluently!
- You are a real team player.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
The opportunity to become part of our MSC Family where a family atmosphere is combined with a professional approach and a no-nonsense mentality! Your team of experienced colleagues will immediately immerse you in our culture and guide you in your job. Work-life balance? That's totally fine thanks to our flexible hours. Keep the occasional (pre)evening free for our afterwork activities or a drink with colleagues. Finally, you can count on a competitive salary, supplemented with extra-legal benefits (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, additional vacations, etc.) and the opportunity to continue your self-development through training.
Send your CV and a short motivation asap to BELfirstname.lastname@example.org !