Government approval status
- The Algerian regulation is contained in the Regulation n°2/16 of 14st June of the General Directorate for the Merchant Marine and ports, as the competent body in Algeria.
- IMO advice of a practical and pragmatic approach when verifying compliance with the requirements of SOLAS regulations for a period of three months after 1st July 2016 has been hosted by Algerian Authorities.
- The mass variance allowed by Algerian Authorities is 5 %.
- Port/Terminal´s VGM will prevail in case of discrepancy.
- Scale station authorized: Port / Dry port/ Customs warehouse or private owners certified customs OEA.
- Method 1 exclusively imposed by Algerian government and scale stations subject to certification (by ONML state office only).
- Gate-in without VGM may be accepted but subject to extra costs.
- No VGM, no load.
What to include in your VGM instructions?
The following items are mandatory in Algeria and must be reflected on your submitting document:
- Shipper’s name and address. If the verification is performed by a third party on shipper´s behalf, both names and addresses shall be specified.
- A third party can only be the scale station.
- VGM+ data shall be expressed in kg/lb.
- Method used to obtain the VGM. Only method 1 accepted.
- Identification of the measure equipment used and statement confirming it meets ONML quality requirements.
- Name and signature (electronic signature or capital letters) of the shipper or his representative, and the scale station responsible.
- Date and place of issue.
How to submit your VGM instructions?
In case VGM weighing service is available at the Terminal and you are interested in this service, your local MSC office should be aware of this, before containers gate in.
The VGM will be submitted by the shipper by means of any of these channels:
- EDI (VERMAS)
- Port community systems web platforms.
- Via an E-mail attachment using the Microsoft Excel template provided by MSC Algeria and under a given Subject format.
Deadlines for sending your VGM instructions
- VGM cut-off matches the Vessel berth or closing time announced by your agency commercial team.
- Late VGM submission (after the closing time) will mean No-Load.
Admin fees and costs
- MSC reserves the right to apply charges related to VGM transmission
- If the VGM is not received on time the container will be put on hold and all related costs (including but not limited to demurrages, storages, moves, plugging) will be for the account of the shipper.
- We strongly recommend to submit your VGM before Terminal´s Gate-In in order to avoid extra costs.
- According to the regulation n°2/16, if the containers is weigh with truck (trucks gross weight + gasoline quantity must be subtracted)
- VGM can never exceed the maximum container payload listed on the Safety Approval Plate.
- In case VGM is provided in a separate document, please include Booking and/or Container number.
- Keep VGM records for 5 years.
- Algiers Agency
Mr Walid Saidi
Mob: +213 555 001 802
- Oran Agency
Mr Belguendouz Sofiane
Mobile: +213 555 621 579
- Bejaia Agency
Mme Tadjadit Kahina
Mobile:+213 555 621 574
- Skikda Agency
Mr Sofiane Keriker
Tel: +213 38 76 45 13
- Annaba Agency
Ms Raja Hocini
Tel: +213 560 98 61 01/02/03