Please take the following action to arrange restitution of empty containers
- For Felixstowe arrivals please email UKemail@example.com (Monday to Friday 0700-1800). For assistance with Felixstowe returns, please call 01394 673902 or 01394 673903
- For all other ports of arrival email GB014firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday to Friday 0800-1800). For assistance with all other ports and deports, please call 01473 277772
- All drivers must wear high visibility clothing and safety footwear when reporting to depots/terminals
- Any driver without correct attire could be turned away
- When a unit is due for return to a quay, at any port, please note pre-booking will be deleted 1 full business working day after confirmation from MSC of required restitution location. MSC’s confirmation of a required restitution location is only valid for 1 full business working day, after which agent/haulier must make a new request.
Condition and location of returned containers:
We would like to remind customers that containers should be returned to MSC in a clean condition, free of all packing, dunnage or traces of cargo (as per terms and conditions of the Bill of Lading / Contract of Carriage).
Customers are liable for any costs incurred for the cleaning of containers along with any associated penalties or fines (such as Customs fines or, in some cases, shipping costs back to the UK).
Please note that any container not returned to the nominated depot/quay location may be subject to additional charges.
The Booking Party requesting the Import Merchant Haulage Release agrees that in exchange for MSC allowing them to undertake 'Merchant Haulage' they will conform to the Bill of Lading conditions and in particular the clause which states that 'all containers shall be the joint and several responsibility of the shipper and the consignee and shall be redelivered clean and undamaged to a place nominated by the carrier, failing which the shipper and the consignee shall be jointly and severally liable for all the costs of replacement, transportation and repair including legal costs. Where the booking party requesting the Import Merchant Haulage Release Order is acting as agent or haulier on behalf of the shipper or consignee they are obliged to make them aware of these conditions.
Our agreement to issue release or undertake haulage / export is on the understanding that the goods are either: fully duty / excise paid or have legitimately left a duty suspension regime and that the instructions you provide to MSC or actions you take fully comply with Customs regulations that ensure they legitimately travel to the correct destination (eg: Customs / excise warehouse) with appropriate guarantees in place and will not be party to an unauthorised diversion in respect to Customs regulations.