Thank you for choosing to book your import haulage delivery with MSC (UK).
Please be advised that it is your responsibility to review the content within the booking confirmation that is sent confirming your haulage has been booked to ensure the detail meets your requirements.
Any discrepancies must be advised to Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK) Ltd immediately upon receipt. Failure to do so could lead to substantial extra costs for the account of the cargo and/or failure to deliver.
In accordance with our Standard Trading Terms and Conditions, which are shown in item 12, please take note of the following:
1. Customer must ensure that cargo has been Customs cleared, landed on terminal and all relevant release documentation and financial criteria have been met prior to 12.00hrs on the day before delivery (Working days only - excluding weekends, bank holidays and days immediately following bank holidays where criteria must be met by 12.00hrs on the Friday before delivery).
2. Amendments or cancellation to the inland haulage may incur additional charges. All amendments or cancellations must be made via the telephone. To avoid additional costs a minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required, however for next day delivery, the amendment / cancellation must be made by 12.00hrs on the day before delivery (Working days only - excluding weekends, bank holidays and days immediately following bank holidays where criteria must be met by 12.00hrs on the Friday before delivery). Special equipment requires a minimum of 48 hours’ notice (72 hours’ notice for low loader and container lift requirements).
3. Waiting costs may apply where load and go instructions have been mutually agreed and drivers are sitting idle at the port due to non-clearance the day prior to delivery.
4. If vehicle runs late, Mediterranean Shipping Co (UK) Ltd. cannot be held liable for any charges incurred for wasted labour, crane hire, inspections or other on site costs due to late or non-arrival of vehicles.
5. Free time of 3 hours is given to unload the cargo: thereafter a charge of £45.00 per hour will be applied. We will always strive to inform you of the expiry of this free time and charges but we are not obligated to do so, therefore we kindly advise that you are responsible for ensuring that the unit is unloaded and departed from the delivery site within 3 hours.
6. Mediterranean Shipping Co (UK) Ltd. reserves the right to refuse to handle any containers they consider to be loaded in an unsafe manner. Containers found in this condition will remain at the port of entry or depot and any additional costs incurred will be for the Importer’s or Agent’s account. Furthermore, the driver has the right to refuse to move if he considers the load unsafe. Any containers suspected of being unsafe may be surveyed at the Importer’s expense. If Customers are in any doubt then reference can be made to “IMO/ILO/UN ECE Guidelines for packaging of Cargo Transport Units”.
7. If cargo is turned away for any reason then the Booking Party, Consignee or other Cargo interests will be responsible for the payment of associated charges regardless of the problem.
8. Any Out of Gauge dimensions or Hazardous details contained in this Haulage Confirmation are based upon information declared by the Shipper. It is the responsibility of the booking party of haulage in the UK to also check the Out of gauge dimensions and hazardous details
9. Hazardous or other labels must be removed once the cargo has been unloaded from the container.
10. Delivery point is required to sign and retain Proof of Delivery. If a copy POD is requested after delivery a charge will be incurred.
11. Delivery point is responsible for returning Containers in good order and condition, undamaged, empty, odour free, cleaned and with all fittings installed by the loader removed and without any rubbish, dunnage or other debris inside. Any costs incurred will be for the account of the Booking Party, Consignee or other Cargo interests.
12. Standard Trading Terms and Conditions - Mediterranean Shipping Co (UK) Ltd act as agents only for the carrier, Mediterranean Shipping Company SA Geneva, for all services within the scope of and under the terms of the relevant contract of carriage for the cargo, whether the written contract of carriage has been issued at that time or not. Haulage services performed outside the scope of the contract of carriage for the cargo are provided as agents for the shipper/consignee and are carried out under RHA terms and conditions (1998). Warehousing services performed outside the scope of the contract of carriage for the cargo are provided as agents for the shipper/consignee and are carried out under current UKWA trading terms and conditions (2002). All other services provided are performed as agents for the shipper/consignee and are provided under the current edition of the Standard Trading Conditions of BIFA (2005). Copies of all of these conditions are available on request.