WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Personal Data is any piece of information relating directly or indirectly to “You”, the data subject. MSC may process the following categories of Personal Data about you:
• Name and surname
• Professional email address
• Professional telephone number
• Organization to which you belong
• Further identification data such as gender, marital status, nationality etc. where required
• Any other professional Personal Data contained on documents related to the Shipper, Consignee, Notify Third Party, including Packing List, B/L, Advance Declaration, Invoices, Certificate of Origin, Importer Security Filing, Cargo Specific Certificate, Shipping Instructions, Customs Clearance and Export and Import Documentation.
• Financial and economic information
• Cargo description and/or container number
• MSC code
• Reference numbers
• In some circumstances, passport, or passport number, ID card and driver's license may be required.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only use Your Personal Data for the following “Purposes”:
1. To identify You as an employee of, or as an existing MSC customer, Consignee or Notify Third Party.
2. To allow your company to register with TradeLens which will provide the services requested (facilitating the exchange of the necessary information and documentation between the parties involved in a shipment).
3. To maintain our relationship with you and your Company.
As permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws, MSC will rely on its legitimate interests to Process Your Personal Data. If You do not wish to provide us with such data, MSC, and ultimately TradeLens, may not be able to provide You with the requested services. MSC will only Process Your Personal Data for the above Purposes. If we need to Process Your Personal Data for an unrelated Purpose, we will notify You and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so or obtain your consent where required under Data Protection Laws.
HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
MSC will not keep your Personal Data for longer than necessary to meet the Purposes and will retain it in accordance with the legal term set out by applicable laws.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may disclose Your Personal Data to the following recipients:
• TradeLens (supported by IBM)
• Participants of the TradeLens Platform such as the terminal, authorities, banks, insurance providers,
customs and transport service providers etc.
• MSC Agencies operating on behalf of MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company SA
These parties are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data, which are comparable to the protection we offer. They will only Process Your Personal Data for the Purposes which are stated above. We may also disclose Your Personal Data to a third party when it is required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulation and when it is necessary to detect and prevent a fraud or support any legal investigation or proceeding.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When Processing your Personal Data for the Purposes, MSC will transfer such data to TradeLens, which is stored on the IBM Cloud in the United States of America. Your Personal Data may also be shared with MSC Agencies located worldwide to the extent necessary to meet the Purposes. When we transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, MSC ensures that appropriate safeguards have been implemented pursuant to Data Protection Laws.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Data against accidental or illegal destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access, notably when transferred to another country, and against any illegal means of Processing.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
According to the Data Protection Laws, you may exercise the following rights:
• Request access to Your Personal Data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about You and to check that we are lawfully Processing it.
• Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about You. This enables You to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about You corrected.
• Request erasure of Your Personal Data. This enables You to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no legitimate reason for us continuing to Process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or removeYour Personal Data where You have exercised Your right to object to Processing (see below).
• Object to Processing of Your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about Your particular situation which makes You want to object to Processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are Processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of Processing of Your Personal Data. This enables You to ask us to suspend the Processing of Personal Data about You, for example if You want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for Processing it.
• Request the transfer of Your Personal Data to another party in a common readable format where it is practicable.
• Right to withdraw Your consent if the legal basis for the Processing of Your Personal Data is based on it. In addition to the rights aforementioned and in compliance with the Data Protection Laws, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority. If You want to exercise the rights outlined above, please complete the dedicated form. Otherwise, you may contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or, at the following address:
Mediterranean Shipping Company SA
Corporate Legal Department - Data Protection Officer
12-14 Chemin Rieu 1208, Geneva, Switzerland
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this Notice at any time. The updated Notice will be published one the same page.