We provide global out-of-gauge and breakbulk services, bringing you first class project cargo management, no matter whether you have a requirement for heavy lift cargo, or for oversized cargo which cannot fit inside a standard container.
Our 40 plus years of shipping oversized freight means we have the expert project cargo logistics team at your disposal to help with the planning and execution of special loadings, and to assure you of maximum safety and security for each and every cargo project.
Out-of-gauge cargo height, width or length extends beyond the capacity of a standard container. This type of cargo is loaded and secured onto platform, single flat rack or open top unit.
Shipping out-of-gauge cargo with MSC:
- Our out-of-gauge service is fully integrated throughout our business, making it simple for you to get expert advice from our shipping specialists.
- Our experts assure you of a tailor-made solution for a safe and secure delivery.
Breakbulk cargo service
With global experience and local knowledge in shipping oversized freight, we help you with planning and execution of special loadings. Our experts deliver tailor-made solutions ensuring a safe and secure handling of your cargo.
Shipping breakbulk cargo with MSC:
- Our team is focused on loss and claim prevention, enabling a safe and smooth delivery from the moment of receipt to the final destination.
- On board vessels, your cargo will be stowed on a pre-prepared bed containing multiple flat-racks, thus providing a safe working environment for stevedores and ensuring maximum lashing opportunities in accordance with IMO CSS Code Annex 13 requirements.
- As part of our feasibility studies and preparation, 3D modelling is used to demonstrate handling stowage and lashing requirements.
MSC’s oversized cargo service
When shipping oversized cargo with MSC, our customers benefit from a wide range of service features, including:
- Load, lash and secure the cargo at your origin port or nearby depot.
- Inland collection and deliveries using variety of equipment.*
- Arrangement of police/inland transport notifications if required.*
- Stevedoring, port lashing and port storage facilities.*
- Competitive rates.
- Customs clearance and documentation.*
*availability differs by location. Please liaise with your nearest agency.
Our trade service teams are extensively trained and offer destination-specific knowledge and support for oversized cargoes requiring specialist equipment such as platforms, open top containers or flat racks. Our extensive inventory of specialist equipment gives us the capability to transport large, heavy and irregular sized cargo.
For more information
Whether you’re shipping yachts, oil-well equipment, heavy machinery or anything in between, we can work with you to ensure that your requirements are met. Get in contact with our expert team.