MSC has launched an online tool that makes it quicker and easier than ever for customers to review and approve their draft bill of lading (BL). This solution is accessible 24/7 via myMSC, our official eBusiness platform, from desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
At MSC, we recognise the importance of digitalisation in shipping, and we are proud to play a leading role in shaping the digital future of the industry. We are constantly investing in and developing new solutions to enhance the efficiency of our operations and offer our customers the best possible experience.
A more efficient process
Our digital tool for the draft BL encapsulates this forward-thinking and customer centric approach. By making it possible to review and amend this document online, we reduce the need for phone calls and emails, and eliminate risk of misinterpretation and manual errors from handwritten or verbal corrections.
How does it work?
- Simply submit your shipping instructions as usual via your preferred platform or by email to an MSC agent.
- MSC will send the draft BL to you by email, with a PDF attachment and a link to myMSC.
- Click on the link to preview, edit and approve your BL online in an instant.
- Once approved, your MSC agent will release your BL.
Benefits for customers
- 24/7 availability: access your draft BL any time, from any device;
- Faster turnaround times and greater accuracy;
- Make instant edits, save them for later or share the draft BL with other members of your team;
- Keep track of every amendment using the handy change log;
- No need to pre-register with myMSC.
Start your journey today
MSC’s draft BL web solution complements our existing and straightforward set of eBusiness tools enabling customers to request quotes, place and manage their bookings, check vessel schedules, track shipments, access documents and get live notifications – everything in one place.
Ready to simplify your documentation process and save time by switching to our myMSC Draft BL web solution? Visit www.msc.com/mymsc or contact your local MSC office to find out more.