MSC BELGIUM NV is a maritime shipping agency founded and established in Antwerp, Belgium in 1999 as direct agents of the Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC) of Geneva, Switzerland, a privately owned shipping line.
With a streamlined management structure, MSC has become a leading customer focused and cost-effective global transportation solution for many shippers.
MSC BELGIUM NV facilitates the transportation of containerised cargo to and from all 5 Continents with weekly scheduled sailings from and arrivals to the Port of Antwerp. As well as traditional shipping agency services, MSC Belgium offers modern and innovative door-to-door, tri-modal services via truck, rail and barge through its intermodal partner.
For export-related questions, please contact the following departments:
|Export Customer Care
||+32 3 543 22 30|
|+32 3 543 22 94|
|Export Opin – Invoicing & Disputes||+32 3 543 22 11|
|Logistics||+32 3 543 22 99|
|Reefer Logistics|| +32 3 543 24 57
Please note that from 12:30 pm to 1:15 pm our reception desk is not available however we will get back to you as soon as we can.
What is VGM?
- Verified Gross Mass or VGM refers to the exact, verified weight of a packed container. For safety reasons, vessel operators can only load a container if its weight has been verified. VGM can be submitted on www.mymsc.com
Government approval status
- The government will check the procedures and will certify the methods used - Additional info
- The General Service for Shipping (DGS) will be responsible for enforcement and implementation of the VGM regulation within Belgium.
- More info
What do I need to include in my VGM instructions?
- The following items are mandatory and must be on all VGM instructions
- Booking or Bill of Lading number
- Container number
- VGM + unit
- Authorized person’s signatory (submitter of the VGM who may be authorized to act on behalf of shippers
- Responsible party Name
Deadlines for sending your vgm instruction
- VGM must be known to the ship-agent, at least 24hours before physical closing of the vessel. The VGM cut-off date will be mentioned on the booking confirmation.
- If the VGM is received later, the container will not be planned/loaded on the vessel.
Entrance at the terminal
- Containers arriving at the gate without VGM will be allowed at the terminal, however not loaded when VGM not provided in time. Please be aware that the terminal has no weighing facilities.
Admin fees and costs
- If the VGM has to be handled manually by the local agent, a local fee of 25€ per container will be applied. This also applies for VGM info added in the electronic booking.
- If the VGM is not received before VGM closing time, container will be put on hold and all related costs (like demurrage, storage, moves, plugging), will be for the account of the shipper.
Customer service desk
Your local MSC contact
+32 3 543 22 00
Hazardous cargo must be declared to Port Authorities, latest, 24 hours before arrival of container on quay in Antwerp.
For Vessels' arrivals during Weekend, latest, at 12:00 (noontime) on Friday: always fulfilling 24 hrs before container's arrival on quay.
For this purpose DC (Dangerous Cargoes) Data must be available as per above-mentioned deadlines combined with guidelines of MSC Dangerous Cargo Dept.
- Port restrictions related to specific DG classes or UN numbers can be found in the port restrictions of DMAXS.
Shipper is responsible for removing old labels on containers or attach proper ones according to hazardous contents, costs to correct those deficiencies in Antwerp include:
- 2 extra moves
For a Lump sum of Euro 225,00/handling
Imo Declaration HKD (harbour master)by MSC BE : Eur 55,00 per container.
- All hazardous containers with port of loading Antwerp must be in DMAXS with container number in status ACCEPTED or FINALISED prior to arrival at terminal (by truck, train or barge).
|MSC Agency X||213B6543210||MSC1234567||DV/20||Antwerp||False||Finalised|
|MSC Agency X||213B0123456||MEDU1234567||DV/20||Antwerp||True||Accepted|
How to find cut-offs on MyMSC?
MSC PSA EUROPEAN TERMINAL NV
CSP ZEEBRUGGE TERMINAL
MEDREPAIR 4 BELGIUM
Le strutture di movimentazione merci di MSC sono posizionate strategicamente per garantire un carico efficiente e tempestivo delle merci ai fini dell'esportazione e dell'importazione. Forniamo anche servizi di consolidamento del carico, caricamento e ricaricamento, imballaggio, disimballaggio e caricamento incrociato dai container ai camion.
Tutti gli uffici locali di MSC forniscono bilance certificate per registrare e verificare il peso del container (massa lorda verificata o VGM) in linea con le normative SOLAS (Safety of Lives at Sea). Le istruzioni VGM sono obbligatorie per tutte le spedizioni per motivi di sicurezza e gli operatori navali possono caricare un container solo se il suo peso è stato debitamente verificato. Contatta la squadra locale MSC per maggiori informazioni e supporto.