MSC unterstützt Kunden seit den frühen 1980er Jahren beim Transport von Fracht in die und aus den Niederlanden. Heute bewegt MSC Niederlande mit mehr als 60 Verbindungen zu allen globalen Routen weit über eine Million TEU Fracht pro Jahr.
What is demurrage?
Demurrage is the charge applicable, after the free time expires, for the use of the carrier’s container. This charge is applicable for both inside the marine terminal, inland depot, railroad facilities or container yard and while with the customer.
What is storage?
A storage charge is applicable, after the free time expires, for containers left inside the marine terminal, inland depot, the rail ramp or container yard (for the use of the land).
What is plug in?
The plug in charge is applicable, after free time expires, for temperature operating containers inside the marine terminal, inland depot, the rail ramp or container yard.
This charge covers both the plugging, unplugging, monitoring and usage of electricity of the temperature operating container.
What is YOC?
Yard Occupancy Charge (YOC) is a one off charge at the marine terminals charged on the 13th day of dwelling after discharge.
This charge is a longstanding fee and will be charged only for import containers.
All of the aforementioned charges can also apply while the container is undergoing customs inspections, or while the cargo inside the container is being reworked for safety reasons.
If (an) import container(s) is/are on quay for over 20 days, we may block the container and request for immediate payment of aforementioned charges before unblocking the container.
In case of a dispute of one of the aforementioned charges, please write the reason of disputing as well as the invoice numbers to both of the following addresses:
NL356firstname.lastname@example.org ; NL356email@example.com
Questions about demurrage, storage, plug in or YOC charges?
For questions or tariff sheets please contact our Netherlands team.
Government approval status
• The government will check the procedures and will certify the methods used.
• The “Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport - (ILT)” will be responsible for enforcement and implementation of the VGM regulation within the Netherlands.
• More info
What to include in your VGM instructions
The following items are mandatory and must be on all VGM instructions
• Booking or Bill of Lading number
• Container number
• VGM + unit
• Authorized person’s signatory (submitter of the VGM who may be authorized to act on behalf of shippers)
• Responsible party Name
How to submit your VGM instructions
• Manually (INTTRA, GT NEXUS, Certiweight or any other)
• Direct communication (only UN/EDIFACT VERMAS supported)
Deadlines for sending your VGM instructions
• VGM must be submitted to the ship-agent ultimately 24hours before physical closing of the vessel. The VGM cut-off date will be mentioned on the booking confirmation.
• If the VGM is not timely submitted, the container will not be planned/loaded on the vessel.
• Containers arriving at the gate without VGM will be allowed at the terminal, however not loaded when VGM not provided in time. Please be aware that the terminal has no weighing facilities.
• Manual methods of submission (email or fax) will be accepted but strongly discouraged and charged with a fee. Preferred methods are the established digital channels to avoid delays and documentation errors.
Customer service desk - Your local MSC contact
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: +31 10 217 86 00
The Goods carried must be taken receipt of by the party having title hereto without delay at the Port of Discharge or Place of final destination, as the case may be. If Goods are not taken receipt of, the Carrier shall be at liberty at the sole risk and expense of the Merchant to put the Goods in safe custody.
A secured electronic release can be arranged only with a written request at the risk and account of the Receivers. Import handling fee and other local charges are applicable per Bill of Lading. In addition, any other outstanding charges related to the shipment needs to be paid as well in full before MSC will release the shipment.
Empty MSC containers (including similar articles to consolidate Goods) must be re-delivered in clean and good condition and free of odors, using the elsewhere mentioned re-delivery reference. Failing to do this, the Merchant is liable for all damages or expenses incurred in this respect.
Container demurrage, and/or quay hire to be paid prior release of Containers. The applicable tariff will be communicated at fist request.
Value added services:
Inland Transport: all modalities available on request, but subject to acceptance
Clearance, custom transit docs is available on request but subject to acceptance
Custom documents only in combination with inland transport
Invoices can be requested only by email to the correct department(s) see contact details.
Import Contact details:
REEFERS ALL TRADES
INDIA PAKISTAN, RED SEA, MIDDLE EAST & WEST AFRICA
SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, BALTIC, SOUTH AMERICA EAST COAST & INDIAN OCEAN
NEMED-TURKEY, NEMED-GREECE, EASTMED, MEDITERANEAN, PORTUGAL & NORTHWEST CONTINENT
US SOUTH ATLANTIC, US NORTH ATLANTIC, MEXICO, CENTRAL AMERICA, CARIBBEAN, CANADA & SOUTH AMERICA WEST COAST
PAYABLE ELSEWHERE ROTTERDAM (shipments with POD in the Northwest Continent (excl Rotterdam) from all trades that are payable in Rotterdam):
MSC Import Summary Declaration to Customs:
MSC Import Summary Declaration to Customs of cargo arriving on deep sea terminal is done via the Port community system of Rotterdam named Portbase.
The scope of MSC NL Legal & Claims department is:
- Survey invitations for potential claims
- Regular cargo claims (reefer and dry containers)
- Incidents with financial consequences/loss
- Error and Omissions caused by MSC NL
- Loss BL incidents
- Legal and Claims related advises
For any questions or to lodge a claim with MSC Netherlands, you can contact the Legal & Claims department via following email-address: NL356email@example.com.
Last update: 2022-07-05T20:32:00