MSC has been helping customers to ship cargo to and from Cyprus since 2003 with weekly worldwide services.
It is illegal to bring the following items into or out of Cyprus.
- narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and other controlled pharmaceuticals;
- obscene matters and objects, such as videocassettes, DVD’s, films, books, magazines etc.
- flick knives and daggers
- counterfeit and pirated goods
- nuclear, chemical, toxic, biological weapons and similar substances
- goods used for illegal hunting of game
- counterfeit bank notes
- firearms and weapons other than firearms, such as military explosive devices and projectile launchers, automatic firearms, ammunition, long-barrel semi-automatic or repeating firearms in accordance with the First Annex of the “Firearms and Weapons Other Than Firearms Law” no. 113(I) of 2004
- goods shipped or originating from countries under an embargo from the United Nations Security Council and the European Union, such as Iraq, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Sudan.
View the full list of prohibited and restricted goods here.
- all items the importation of which is prohibited (please see above)
- goods included in the “Defence (Exportation of Goods) Order of 1999
Ports and terminals
|Port of Loading||Terminal 1|
|Limassol||CTL Limassol Terminal|
According to Cyprus Port Authority Regulations Hazardous Containers with IMO Class 3, 4, 8, 9, can remain in the terminal for a maximum duration of 10 days.
Please find below additional list of Hazardous Chemicals issued by the competent Department of the said Ministry for DIRECT DELIVERY from the Limassol Container Terminal of port of Limassol with effect as from 1st July, 2021.
|A/A||Chemical Hazards||IMDG Category||Substance/Product|
|1||Flammable gases||2.1||Hydrogen, UN1049 Acetylene, UN 1001|
Anhydrous Ammonia UN 1005
|3||Oxidising substances and organic peroxides||5.1 and 5.2||Calcium hypochlorite UN 2880, UN 1748, UN 3487|
|4||Toxic substances||6||Hydrazine, UN 3293, Toluene diisocyanate, UN 2078, Sodium cyanide, UN 1689|