The pharmaceutical industry is driven by, and drives, medical progress, aiming to turn fundamental research into innovative treatments that are widely available and accessible to patients. Already, the industry has contributed to significant improvements in patient well-being and today’s European citizens can expect to live up to 30 years longer than they did a century ago according to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
Europe represents the second largest pharmaceutical market in the world, and is the number one exporter of pharmaceutical drugs among the geographic markets, with shipments in 2021 totalling 72.1 percent of the global total1.
Your Pharmaceuticals, Our Expertise
More and more pharmaceutical companies are turning to sea transport to deliver medicines and other essential goods quickly and safely wherever they are needed. Thanks to our vast global network, which connects all of the world’s major trading centres, MSC provides reliable and cost-effective deliveries to any destination. With local 675 local offices, and more than 1,000 reefer experts MSC is proud to work with pharma customers across the world.
Our GDP certification means that our processes are aligned with the strict regulations required by the pharma industry. With MSC, your cargo is in the hands of dedicated experts offering the right support, advice and documentation whenever and wherever it is needed.
As your dedicated partner for pharmaceutical transportation, MSC brings:
• A world-leading reefer container fleet with the most advanced cooling systems
• Access to local reefer experts with extensive knowledge of the pharma industry
• GDP compliant processes and systems in place, worldwide
• Expertise in container dehumidification
• Market-leading global port coverage
• Wide equipment availability, fast and reliable transit times
• Integrated end-to-end supply chain network for an unbroken cold chain
For more information, visit our dedicated pharma webpage.