MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company is building on a number of important advances in fruit shipments so far this year by sending a large multinational delegation to Asia Fruit Logistica.
MSC’s experts look forward to meeting fruit shippers who want to test the boundaries of international trade with the latest technologies such as Controlled Atmosphere systems. MSC’s work with customers has enabled a number of improvements in shipping this year, which have helped to open up new markets for exporters.
Optimising and developing new ocean liner service routes
- Fast service for cherries from Chile to China: fruit arrives faster and in better condition, plus more cargo can be loaded
- Year-round port call at Northport, New Zealand available for a number of shippers, including the country’s largest kiwi fruit exporter Zespri
Deploying new, innovative technologies and shipping equipment
- Recent order for 2,000 containers chilled by Carrier Transicold’s innovative, environmentally-friendly natural refrigerant-based NaturaLINE® refrigeration system – the largest ever order
- Exciting new trials of Controlled Atmosphere for Europe-to-Asia fruit and vegetables
Adapting to seasonal and weather-related changes in supply and demand
- More shipments for apples from Spain to China, providing reliable supply after a particularly good harvest in Europe at the same time as production declines in China, affected by a cold spring
Building a collaborative approach with fruit shippers
- Major corporate partnership with Citrus Australia, expected to provide even greater access to all exporters and growers of what is one of Australia’s main containerised fruit exports
Cementing reliable, long-term partnerships for the world’s top fruit-producing countries
- Flexibility and network allowed MSC to boost banana exports from Guayaquil, Ecuador to Shanghai and Dalian
- The only ocean liner service for bananas from Puerto Bolivar, Ecuador to the Far East
To find out more about MSC’s recent breakthroughs, please come and visit us at stand C27 in Hall 5b, at Asia Fruit Logistica, which takes place 5-7 September in Hong Kong.
Also visit our dedicated page: www.msc.com/fruit