MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company and APL are to jointly deliver services from the Far East to South America West Coast, from the end of March.
The merging – which forms part of a Vessel Sharing Agreement which MSC is operating with CMA, Hamburg Sud and Hapag Lloyd – is a temporary measure and will be implemented on several services from Week 12 and Week 13.
While overall capacity and the number of utilised vessels will remain unchanged, there will be an improvement in port coverage on both East and Westbound services.
The affected services, where APL will join MSC, are:
- INCA: Starting with Santa Ines on 25th March in Keelung
- ANDES EXPRESS: Starting with MSC Perle on 27th March in Shanghai
- AZTEC: Starting on 24th March in Qingdao
Additional port calls are as follows:
- ANDES EXPRESS: Addition of Kaohsiung (after Hong Kong) Eastbound
- AZTEC: Addition of Lazaro Cardenas Westbound
- INCA: No change
Further information can be obtained from your local office.