With New Zealand’s apple season almost upon us, MSC is preparing to assist the country’s leading apple exporters in ensuring tens of millions of cartons reach their destination in optimal condition.
As a carrier with significant experience and reputation in reefer services, we have been working closely with exporters to fully understand their needs and to provide fast and reliable services which connect New Zealand to all major international markets.
With the first of a further million new apple trees coming into production this year, New Zealand is expected to grow its largest ever export apple crop in 2017, with approximately 21.5 million cartons worth a record $800 million.
Determined to go the extra mile for exporters, MSC has established a dedicated and experienced apple team, based in Tauranga, with the sole focus of managing all apple shipments from New Zealand through to their final destination.
MSC’s key strengths:
- Four weekly services from New Zealand, covering all main ports from Bluff to Auckland.
- Weekly Capricorn Service sailings with vessels solely operated by MSC, allowing space, reliability and significant reefer capacity.
- Direct weekly sailings to the West and East Coasts of the United States of America.
- Direct weekly sailings from New Zealand to the major transhipments hubs of Tanjung Pelepas, Singapore and Cristobal, offering seamless connections to over 150 countries.
- Large fleet of new 40’ Reefer containers.
- Competitive transit times from New Zealand to global destinations.
With New Zealand’s apple sector set to become a billion-dollar industry by 2022, and the apples grown being regarded as the premier offering in international apple markets, MSC remains committed to the strict cool chain regime that this product, and its exporters, require.
We invite you to discover our product profile.