MSC continues to develop its intermodal network by opening a new modern Westdorpe terminal to serve MSC customers in the heart of Zeelandic Flanders. Westdorpe is accessible by barge, train and truck, making it a trimodal terminal.
Westdorpe, which is part of the municipality of Terneuzen, boasts a central location in Zeelandic Flanders' agricultural & industrial region, just near the Dutch - Belgian border.
With this 30.000 square meter terminal we unlock the Zeelandic Flanders area with direct barge and rail connections to MPET Antwerp, Europe's biggest container terminal. This in turn should help to reduce our customers’ carbon footprints and relieve the heavily congested Antwerp ring road.
Key Services available:
- 3 rail connections to MPET per week – capacity of 60 TEU per one-way departure.
- (Quay 1700, DP World & Quay 1742, MPET Terminal)
- Daily barge connection to all major container terminals in Antwerp and Rotterdam.
- Dedicated trucking company, Swagemakers, assuring utmost flexibility for first and last mile solutions.
- Modern storage and bagging solutions available for sugar and fertilizer business.
- Container handling capacity of 20.000 TEU/year.
Through our partnership with depot owner 3MCT, part of the Vlaeynatie group, we offer best in class trimodal solutions. Today, Vlaeynatie is the European expert in offering value added services throughout the maritime bulk supply chain. They maintain a strong focus and commitment towards the fertilizer and sugar industry.
To view our barge & rail transportation rates, please click here or check out the rates document in the right side panel.
Please contact our intermodal manager Jerri Smet for more info: email@example.com