Rice is the world’s second most important cereal crop – and is a particularly sensitive cargo that requires expertise and experience to transport safely.
A trusted partner is needed to ensure rice cargo is kept at the right temperature and moisture levels, and arrives safely and on time. MSC has the expertise you need to transport your rice securely and efficiently from Asia to anywhere worldwide, which has made it one of the top carriers.
Come and meet our experts – representing key countries in rice transportation such as Vietnam, Thailand, India, Pakistan and Benin – at the 2018 The Rice Trader (TRT) World Rice Conference and find out how MSC can help your business.
This is the world’s premier conference focused on the rice trade and takes place from 10-12 October 2018 at the JW Marriot Hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam. It is celebrating its 10th anniversary, with MSC participating for the third consecutive time.
Flexibility and security
Food importers are increasingly shifting from bulk carriers to containers, because they offer a way to import smaller amounts and can be cheaper per tonne.
MSC provides weekly service from all main rice producing areas – China, Thailand, Vietnam, India and Pakistan and Paraguay – to the main destinations in Africa, USA, and anywhere else you want.
Other advantages with MSC include:
- The best transit time to Lome port in Togo, a transshipment hub for West Africa, with direct service from Singapore in 19 days
- Investment in terminals around the world for seamless transshipment solutions, such as Lome
- Excellent service from India, connecting through Colombo to Africa; and a broad network of feeder services that provide further flexibility
- Experience in handling rice from key markets India, Pakistan, Thailand and Vietnam over the last 15 years
- Equipment availability at origin to cater to rice shipments
- MSC’s logistics arm, MEDLOG, provides solutions for warehousing and unstrapping laden boxes.
Find out more about MSC’s dry cargo service.