Sugar has been used as an ingredient in food for thousands of years. Consumers use sugar to flavour foods, to help maintain moisture in baked goods and to preserve other kinds of food. These diverse applications make sugar one of the most important commodities on the global markets. 80% of the world’s sugar is produced from sugar cane which is mainly handled in South America and the remaining 20% comes from beet which is managed by Europe, Russia and the United States.
MSC has operations that cover 155 countries, with offices in Brazil, Paraguay, France, Belgium, and Benin – Brazil and Europe being the largest producers of sugar worldwide.
Our highly experienced teams take huge pride in supporting every step of the export process advising you through the appropriate, country specific procedures and the shipment preparation.
Our services include:
- A wide network coverage
- Fast and reliable transit times
- 24/7 container availability
- A strong intermodal offering