Inspired by his family’s wealth of maritime history, Captain Gianluigi Aponte built the MSC Group from a single vessel operation in 1970 into the global business of today.
Over the last four decades, he and his family have driven the unprecedented growth and diversification of the business. Whilst still nurturing the family’s values and respect for the sea, MSC Group has grown into one of the world's largest companies in the transport and logistics sector.
Today the MSC Group employs more than 70,000 people across a range of business activities and is a benchmark for customer service within the transportation industries.
MSC Group today:
- 70,000 employees
- Operations in 155 countries across 5 continents
- A benchmark for customer service within the transportation industry
Offering cargo services and cruise holidays, the MSC Group caters to both the B2B and B2C shipping industries, developing multiple subsidiary companies to complement both market leading businesses.
MSC's core cargo services include Terminal Investment Limited (one of the largest terminal businesses globally) and Medlog (a door-to-door transport and logistics company operating in over 50 countries).
- 510 vessels
- 200 routes
- 500 ports of call
- 54 terminals
- 20 million TEU carried annually
- 480 offices
- 155 countries
- 47,000 staff
Led by MSC Cruises and complemented by Mediterranean passenger ferries with Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) and SNAV.
- 15 modern & technologically-advanced ships
- 1.97 million guests and 170 nationalities welcomed on board in 2017
- Capacity to reach nearly 5 million passengers by 2026
- 70 countries in which MSC Cruises holidays are sold
- 225 itineraries offered worldwide
- Over 190 ports of call
- Over 3,300 port calls
- Over 23,000 staff
The MSC Group portfolio includes: