As an AEO accredited business, MSC UK has proven itself with Customs to be trustworthy, safe and secure. For you this means a faster, more efficient transit of cargo through the Customs process.
What is an AEO accredited business?
MSC UK has been approved by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) as an ‘Authorised Economic Operator’, with full certification for Customs Simplifications as well as Security & Safety. This is a recognition of the strength of MSC’s working relationship with the Customs authorities and our track record of strict compliance with their procedures.
This means cargo consignments are fast-tracked through Customs controls and you are given reassurance that your cargo is being handled in a safe and secure manner, while meeting stringent EU criteria. What’s more, as an AEO, our suppliers and their sub-contractors have to meet MSC’s exacting safety and security standards too.
How does MSC being an AEO benefit our customers?
What AEO means in terms of real benefits to you as an MSC customer is:
- Assurance your shipment is handled in a safe and secure manner that is compliant with stringent Customs’ standards.
- Fast-tracking through many of Customs’ application processes.Reduced risk of customs intervention for ocean-going shipments.
- Receiving a lower ‘risk score’ which will be taken into consideration in Customs’ risk management systems.
- Prioritisation over non-AEOs if your consignment is selected for examination.
- A lower the risk score with Customs with the more AEOs in your supply chain, your own business included; receiving greater benefits and facilitations.
- Avoiding additional costs and complications of changes to some EU regulations and procedures when using MSC.
- All AEO benefits are set to increase as the new Union Customs Code (UCC) regulations are implemented.
Beyond European borders
Following a recent agreement between the European Union (EU) and China, the benefits of using an AEO accredited business now extend beyond European borders into the crucial Chinese market.
Under the agreement, the EU and China have committed to recognising each other's certified safe traders (AEOs and the Chinese equivalent), thereby allowing these companies to benefit from faster controls and reduced administration for Customs clearance.
For more information about AEO in the UK
In short, MSC can deliver a faster, hassle-free transit of your cargo across international borders, avoiding unnecessary administrative delays. If you’d like to find out more about how our AEO status can benefit your supply chain, please get in touch with our AEO expert:
HM Customs Liaison Manager
T: +44(0)1473 277829