We have an opportunity for an Operations System Specialist available within Logistics team.
Operations Systems Specialist
MSC UK prides itself on being the ‘Employer of Choice’ within the shipping industry and we have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Systems Specialist to join our Logistics team. The successful candidate will fully understand and support MSC Operations systems and processes and provide detailed reporting to Geneva and UK management. To investigate and implement new ideas and processes, ensuring constant improvements within the department and the wider business.
We believe the successful Operations Systems Specialist should have the following skills:
- Proven ability to manage and forward plan within a fast paced, demanding and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to address and resolve day to day business issues with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Desire to improve current procedures and processes
- Excellent numeracy, literacy, and IT skills, including advanced Microsoft skills (Outlook, Excel/ Destin8/Link/Paris).
- Be able to demonstrate a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to be flexible and meet strict deadlines.
- Must remain focused on prioritisation of day to day emails and tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally as well as a continued positive attitude to new business challenges
The key tasks for the Operations Systems Specialist role are:
- Developing a full working knowledge of MSC Operations processes and systems.
- Highly detailed EDI analysis and enhancements, ensuring constant improvement of container activity reporting.
- Thorough trend investigation and analysis of MSC UK Logistics activity, including evacuations, equipment flows, scorecard, Geneva/UK pool comparison, maintenance and repair. Reporting of same to Geneva Logistics and MSC UK Management
- Reporting of KPI information to UK Management.
- Ad hoc reporting and investigation of Logistical information on management request
- Testing and implementation of new IT systems to ensure time savings within the department and the wider business.
- Generate new ideas and proposed system based solutions to improve the operational performance, through to successful implementation of same.
So, if you feel that you are the Operations Systems Specialist we are looking for then please Click here