We have a Container Control Clerk position available
MSC UK – Container Control Clerk, Ipswich
MSC UK prides itself on being the ‘Employer of Choice’ within the shipping industry and we are looking to recruit a Container Control Clerk to join the busy team in our head office in Ipswich. The Successful candidate will ensure all aspects of container movements and stock control are recorded promptly and accurately. To maintain regular contact between the Dept and other internal and external suppliers, depots and customers. To prepare reports as required by MSC Geneva, Medlog Antwerp and internally within MSC UK. To deal with all aspects of special equipment and maintaining of records. To provide cover for other members of the team in line with nominated tasks.
We believe the successful Container Control Clerk should have the following skills:
- Proven ability to manage and forward plan within a fast paced, demanding and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to address and resolve day to day business issues with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good numeracy, literacy, and IT skills, including Microsoft skills (Outlook, Excel/ Destin8/Link/Paris).
- Be able to demonstrate a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to be flexible and meet strict deadlines.
Must remain focused on prioritisation of day to day emails and tasks.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Continued positive attitude to new business challenges.
- The Key tasks for the Container Control Clerk role are:
- Liaise with Geneva HQ requesting special equipment in to deficit areas.
- Daily routing of equipment within local systems in a timely manner in conjunction with MSC Transport.
- Manage and control special equipment including Reefers, Food grades, Flat racks and Open tops, to ensure export requirements are managed and achieved.
- Control of all container stocks and stock levels at all operational ports and depots.
- Control of full depot expenditure covering lift, storage and repairs within budgeted amounts
- Issue and reconcile depot equipment releases via internal / external systems.
- Investigate and rebill all recoverable costs in line with management guidelines.
- Accurate & timely preparation of daily/weekly reports MSC Geneva and UK Management.
- Management of EDI events ensuring prompt and accurate updates.
- Communicate with inland depots on daily basis regarding all container-related matters, including ageing and damaged equipment.
So if you feel that you are The Container Control Clerk we are looking for then please click here to apply