The Digital Container Shipping Association (DCSA), a neutral and non-profit association established by MSC and partners, welcomes five new members as per the latest DCSA announcement.
Pending regulatory approval, Evergreen Line, Hyundai Merchant Marine, Yang Ming and ZIM join DCSA with the purpose of enabling digital standardization in the container shipping industry. CMA CGM has been added to the Supervisory Board after confirming its position as one of the founding members of DCSA. The association currently includes nine of the largest container shipping lines in the world, representing 70% of the industry.
Henning Schleyerbach is appointed COO
In addition to new members, DCSA also announced Henning Schleyerbach as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of DCSA starting in July 2019. Henning has more than 20 years of experience in leading various international projects and strategic initiatives, ranging from IT to customer relations.
“We are pleased to announce that in Henning Schleyerbach we have won another strong industry profile, who as COO will drive DCSA’s operational activities. With Henning Schleyerbach and Thomas Bagge, the DCSA has a strong leadership team in place which is supported by all founding members and represents container shipping at its best across all aspects”, said André Simha, Chairman of the Supervisory Board in the original announcement published by DCSA.
Read more about DCSA here.
Fact box: about Digital Container Shipping Association
- Neutral, non-profit association established in April 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Purpose is to pave the way for digitalization and standardization in the container shipping industry
- MSC, A.P. Moller-Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM and ONE are members, membership for Evergreen Line, Hyundai Merchant Marine, Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation and ZIM Integrated Shipping Services is pending regulatory approval
- Once regulatory approval has been gained, members will present 70% of the market
- All ocean carriers are invited to join, and close collaboration with the entire industry is expected
DCSA Leadership Team:
Chairman of the Supervisory Board, DCSA
Chief Digital & Information Officer, MSC
André joined MSC in 1987. He is responsible for implementing and developing the complex data flow between the company’s headquarters and its agencies worldwide. André oversees over 1,000 staff globally, providing interactive software solutions for MSC, as well as steering MSC’s broader activities related to technology, innovation and digitalization.
CEO and Statutory Director
Over the past twelve years, Thomas has been involved in various transformation activities in Maersk covering people, processes and technology.
Thomas Bagge holds a degree in Applied Finance from Copenhagen Business School as well as an Executive MBA. Aside from the role as CEO of DCSA, Thomas holds a number of board positions in other organisations.
COO (as per 1 July 2019)
Henning has spent more than 20 years at Hapag-Lloyd, leading various international projects and strategic initiatives. His broad experience in the industry, ranging from IT to customer relations, makes him the natural driver for digital transformation as COO of DCSA. Henning holds a degree in Physics from the University of Berlin.
Members of Supervisory Board
- MSC Group: André Simha, Chief Digital & Information Officer (Chairman of DCSA)
- A.P. Moller – Maersk: Adam Banks, Chief Technology and Information Officer
- CMA CGM: Rajesh Krishnamurthy, Executive Vice President IT & Transformations
- Hapag-Lloyd: Martin Gnass, Managing Director Information Technology
- Ocean Network Express: Noriaki Yamaga, Managing Director, Corporate & Innovation
Members of General Assembly (pending regulatory approval)
- Evergreen Line: Kay Fang, Executive Vice President International Customer Service
- Hyundai Merchant Marine: Kyungin Jung, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation: Steven Tsao, Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services: Eyal Ben-Amram, Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer