MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. wishes to remind its customers that shipping containers and equipment is an essential part in the supply chain and the shipping industry.
For your convenience, as an additional service beyond the physical carriage of the goods, MSC offers its customers the free use of the booked container(s) for a period of a maximum nine (9) consecutive calendar days. This additional ‘Container Hire’ service applies for the use of MSC containers, in connection with an actual or intended sea voyage.
Effective from 1st of July 2017, MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. wishes to advise that export containers will be subject to the container hire charges, in the following instances:
- If after the Hire Free Period expired you have not presented the container(s) for shipment for the booked voyage and/or
- If the contemplated, first or subsequent export voyage is terminated and the empty container is not returned to the MSC’s designated location within the “free time” and/or
- If the contemplated first booked export voyage is changed or alternative arrangements are requested (including but not limited to holding the cargo in storage or request a subsequent voyage to be used) irrespective if the export bound container has been delivered into the terminal at MSC’s care and custody.
The ‘free time’ commences when the container(s) is collected from the empty container park.
If the container(s) is being re-used from an import prior voyage, the ‘free time’ commences from the date requested to be used for export.
After the Hire Free Period ends, shippers will be charged Container Hire Costs at the following daily rates (excl. GST) until the container(s) is either:
- Delivered in the terminal for loading on the original and 1st booked voyage.
- Returned to the empty container depot nominated by MSC.
- Is loaded on an export bound vessel, other than the original booked voyage.
The charges detailed below are for each calendar day or part thereof.
Currency will be in AUD for invoices raised in Australia.
|DRY VAN CONTAINERS
||SPECIAL EQUIPMENT *
|20’DV - $50 per day
||20’RE - $90 per day
||20’ - $60 per day
|40’DV - $100 per day
||40’RE - $180 per day
||40’ - $120 per day
|40’HC - $100 per day
* Special Equipment – Flat Rack, Open Top, Bolsters, etc.